The best way to sell Agile is by telling the executives in the company that you have discovered a new project management methodology that is considered to be the silver bullet when it comes to project management. They will immediately research it on the Internet, and they will only see favorable results on the first page. This will get them curious.
Now that you got them where you want them to be, you can start telling them the following:
- Agile will increase ROI (they will now believe it)
- Agile will make work go faster
- Agile will reduce the project management work to be done upfront (this is true to some extent)
- Agile will increase motivation in team members by getting them more involved in the project management to the project and exposing them to the client
- Agile will increase client's satisfaction by "delivering early and delivering often"
- Agile will increase the project's success rate
The pitch is easy once they are brainwashed with what they have already read on Agile.