In the US there are no direct deductions and credits that I am aware of, however there are many indirect that also apply in other circumstances. You will need to consult your tax professional.
At varying times and circumstances, the following have been eligible deductions:
- association fees and professional subscriptions
- costs incurred and not reimbursed by your employer
- costs associated with owning your own business
- costs associated with looking for work
- costs associated with non-profit and NGO volunteering
- charitable contributions to PM scholarships
There are also credits that are indirect, depending on how you structure and where you practice your business:
- energy credits
- small business incentives
- minority/veteran owned business benefits
- investment credits
The deductions and credits change just about annually and are most certainly different from country to country, so you will need to carefully weigh your location and current circumstances.