These questions are for a class discussion in my Project Management class. Any answers that you could provided to any or all of the questions will be appreciated. The information provided will be openly available to my class, so if you wish to be anonymous, that will be fine. Thank You.
1. How did you get into project management?
2. If you had to rate the job of project manager on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the highest, how would you rate it?
3. Briefly explain the reason for your rating. What do you enjoy most and what do you like least about being a project manager?
4. Did you have any training or special talents or experiences that qualified you to be a project manager? Are you certified or have you thought about becoming certified as a PMP?
5. What do you feel is the most important thing you do as a project manager? On what task do you spend the most time each day?
6. What are some of the positive and negative risks you’ve encountered on projects? Please describe any notable successes and failures and what you’ve learned from them.
7. What are some of the tools, software or otherwise, that you use, and what is your opinion of those tools?
8. What are some steps a project manager can take to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of a team? How does a new project manager gain the respect and loyalty of team members? Can you share any examples of situations you faced related to this topic?
9. What suggestions do you have for working with sponsors and senior managers? Can you share any examples of situations you faced related to this topic?
10. Do you have any suggestions for future project managers, such as any specific preparations they should make, skills they should learn, etc?
Please log in or register to answer this question.